Rapid Partner On-boarding
A challenge for enterprises deploying federation is how they rapidly and cost effectively scale their federations where the new partners maybe regular Service Providers, SMBs, or SaaS service providers such as Google Apps or Salesforce. Issues that arise when on-boarding a new partner are:
- The partner uses a different vendor solution
- The partner has different IT priorities/ urgencies from the “hub”
- Each party believes the other is at fault when troubleshooting
- The partner does not have the operational IT skill sets or infrastructure in the case of SMBs
By using our MISPTM platform as virtual endpoints for the enterprise “hub” and partner, hosted on-premise or in the cloud each partner can be tested, validated, and certified for interoperability before joining the federation.
- The simulated endpoints capture and validate tokens, signatures, encryption, assurance level mappings, claims, and attributes according to a pre-defined test criteria irrespective of the protocol used - SAML, WS-*, OpenID, or OAuth
- A reference or “scenario” profile is defined for the federation so that on-boarding a new partner or re-certifying an existing partner, if circumstances have changed (e.g. issued a new signing key), can be a systematic and repeatable process.
- As a result, a new partner can know whether they’re ready to join the federation or not within minutes. A certification report detailing pass/ fail criteria allow issues to be easily identified and diagnosed.
- If test criteria need to be added to the “scenario” profile or changed, the update can quickly be made using our web-based portal and then reflected in any subsequent certification.
For SMBs, FuGen MISPTM platform is able to provide the last mile integration and management of the SMBs either on-premise or from the cloud, providing a single federated connection to the enterprise “hub”.